Monday, August 2, 2010

Ladybug Birthday Party - Sweets and Treats

During the week I'm going to work on posting pics and details of the Monkey's 2nd birthday party which was a Ladybug Themed Birthday Party.  I'm going to break it up in multiple posts as there is way too much to cover in one post.  I already showed you the invitations HERE so today I'll show you the dessert table and candy buffet. 


I made the Sweets and Treats Banner using my cricut and tied with grass/lime green ribbon. Amy Atlas has really blown up the party scene with her amazing creations.  I've never done one but knew exactly what I wanted.  I wanted a cupcake stand to be the centerpiece with paper fans and tissue flower pom poms as the backdrop and decorations.  I wanted to use all white platters and various size jars.  I wanted all red and black candy and I did not want to spend a fortune.  All in all I accomplished my goal.  Let me break down what we had.
  • Oreo Cookies
  • Tootsie Rolls
  • Cherry Twizzler Bites
  • Raspberry Gum Drops
  • Red, green, and black twizzlers
  • Cherry Gummy Slices
  • Hot Tamales
  • Chocolate dipped Rice Krispy Treats
  • Chocolate Dipped Marshmallow Pops
  • Cake Pops
  • Chocolate Dipped Pretzel Rods
  • Chocolate Peanut Clusters
  • Cupcakes
  • Cake

I'm sad to report that there was not one cake pop left.  Ya'll these things will put you in a sugar coma.  I've been making them for about 3 years now and normally just do them as cake balls but I'm loving them as cake pops.  Most people use icing as the binder and I do as well but I've also made them using alcohol and other flavorings as the binder.  My favorite is chocolate cake balls with Kalua as the binder.  But since kids would be eating these I made Red Velvet cake pops with cream cheese icing as the binder and dipped in chocolate and Devil's food with Nuetella as the binder dipped in Chocolate.  OMG is all I have to say.
For Displaying them I used foam pieces wrapped in paper and glued little white picket fences to them and stuck them in.  I also put them on trays and in a vase filled with mini marshmallows to make a bouquet. 


My 2nd favorite item were the Dipped Rice Krispy Treats and there weren't any of those left over either.  I guess that's probably a good thing.  Really the only items left over were some Hot Tamlaes, Cherry Slices, and a handful of Oreos.


We had sacks with a sign that said "Grab a sack and fill with treats, thank you for making my birthday sweet." Then the kids went through and filled up.  The moms were thanking me for this one. ;)


Poppa and I made the cupcake tower, it's just cheap particle board cut and wrapped in white wrapping paper and 4x4's cut and wrapped in red tulle.  The cupcakes like the cake pops are Red Velvet with Cream Cheese BC and Devil's Food with Nuetella BC.  I made them and the ladybug cake which is Red Velvet.  Head is Rice Krispy Treats and decorations are Fondant.  She loved her cake but preferred the dipped marshmallows.



Look for Upcoming Posts on:
  • Games, Prizes, and Favors and Favor Bags
  • Decorations, Banners, Signs and Printables
  • Food and Drinks
  • Monkey, Friends, and Family
Happy Monday Ya'll.







Related Posts with Thumbnails

Copy and Paste Code