Saturday, October 24, 2009

Christmas Turkey

It's week 4 over at Red's Writing 12 Weeks of Christmas and it's all about the food! 


It's probably no surprise to most that I like to go all out on the food each year.  With 4-5 ladies contributing to it we get a lot done and not one person is stuck doing it all so that's a nice.  Although I wouldn't mind getting stuck doing it all, I love to be in the kitchen. 

In a previous post on traditions I shared that we do Mexican type appetizers on Christmas Eve with chips and queso, taquitos, and build your own tacos.  Man now my stomach is growling.

On Christmas Day we do the traditional meal, Turkey, Ham, Dressing, Sweet Potato Casserole, Mashed Potatoes, Corn Casserole, Mac and Cheese, Cranberry Sauce, Cranberry relish, Fruit Salad, Rolls, Green Bean Casserole, and so many desserts you'll gain 5 pounds just looking at them.

But my thing is doing the turkey.  I do Kidd Kraddick's Brown Bag Turkey, it is the juiciest most tender, wonderful turkey ever.  Oh and my little secret.....cook the turkey breast side down so the juices run into the meat.  This happened by accident my 1st year doing the turkey, I cooked it upside down by accident and cried when I realized what I had done until we cut into it and tasted it and man oh man, YUM-O. 

So what are your Christmas Foods and recipes?
Related Posts with Thumbnails

Copy and Paste Code