Thursday, September 30, 2010

Jungle Themed Baby Shower

I had the honor of hosting my cousin's baby shower a few weeks ago and I wanted to share some of the details with you. 
I went with a Jungle Theme based on her nursery for their upcoming little boy who is due in just a few weeks.  This way she could reuse some of the items if she wanted.
I designed the invitations myself and we used mainly brown, yellow, orange, and green for the colors.


Nicole with The Two Savvy Sisters provided me with a custom made jungle themed party package which I then printed and used for decorations as well as she made the banner and sent to me.  She has great prices and does amazing work so check her out for your next party needs.


On to the shower.
For centerpieces I spray painted some pots and added wooden animal cut outs with flower foam and wooden sticks, a little bit of ribbon and called it a day!  I used one on one of the food tables and one on the mantle.

Photobucket



Speaking of mantle, this is where I hung the adorable sign that said Wild About Caleb.



I used a few tissue Pom Pom Flowers and Chinese Latern Balls for added decor and color around the home.





For games we did the Baby Animal Name game as well as guess how many M&M's were in the jar.  I also set a timer while the mommy to be was opening her gifts and when it went off whoever's gift she was opening got a prize. 




Nicole provided the printouts for the prize tags, cupcake toppers, waterbottle labels, and thank you tags.




I'll leave you with a few LOT more pics to look at.  I did make the cupcakes, the pom pom flower tree, diaper cake, cupcake stand, and dipped pretzels.  The other wonderful hostess ladies made the yummy sandwiches, muffins, bread, and fruit and veggies.
I used some of Monkey's stuffed animals all around as decorations to go with the Jungle Theme and yes that is a picture of me getting the Cowboys game updates on my phone during the shower. :)  Some other jungle touches were I bought animal print material and animal print bandanas to use on tables and I used these animal print ABC's and 123's and framed and gave to the mommy to put in the nursery.




 










Hope you enjoyed the pictures, I enjoyed planning and putting the shower on for my beautiful cousin!  Happy Thursday Ya'll!
Related Posts with Thumbnails

Copy and Paste Code